A source familiar with the deal told Times of India, “The Chandra family was living here on a monthly lease of Rs 20 lakh for several years. Chandrasekaran shifted to 33 South condominiums after taking over as the chairman of Tata Sons on February 21, 2017. A Tata Group spokesperson declined to comment on the entire deal.
Special is the duplex of the chairman of Tata Sons
- This 28-storey (400 ft) building is located near Jaslok Hospital in South Mumbai.
- The Tata Group Chairman’s duplex is spread over 6,000 square feet on the 11th and 12th floors.
- The Chandra family was living in this duplex for many years, paying rent of Rs 20 lakh every month.
- On February 21, 2017, after becoming the chairman of Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran shifted along with the family.
- Chandrasekaran has been made the chairman of Tata Sons again for the next five years till February 20, 2027.
- He is one of the highest paid corporate bosses in the country, having received around Rs 91 crore last year.
Chandrasekaran decided to buy this duplex after making himself the chairman of Tata Sons again. The group has appointed him as the chairman for the next five years i.e. till February 20, 2027. Chandrasekaran is counted among the highest paid corporate bosses in the country. In the financial year 2021, he got about Rs 91 crore.
Reduced debt, resolved disputes, what not to do for the company, read the success story
The luxury tower was built in 2008
Chandrasekaran has paid Rs 98 crore for the duplex having 6 thousand square feet carpet area. That is, 1.6 lakh rupees for one square feet. The deal was struck three days ago in the name of Chandrasekaran (58), his wife Lalita and son Pranav. The company selling the duplex is Jeevesh Developers Limited, which is managed by builder Samir Bhojwani. This tower was built by Bhojwani and Vinod Mittal in 2008.