Novak Djokovic’s troubles are not stopping, hearing in high court against visa cancellation

12

Novak Djokovic’s appeal against the cancellation of the visa has been sent to the High Court. Judge David O’Callagan asked Djokovic and the government’s lawyers to submit written arguments on Saturday. The next hearing of the case will take place on Sunday morning.

Melbourne. Novak Djokovic’s appeal against the cancellation of his visa for the second time for not getting the Corona vaccine was sent before the High Court on Saturday. Two days before the Australian Open, a 15-minute online feed of the hearing of the case was made available in which Djokovic did not appear. Judge David O’Callagan asked Djokovic and government lawyers to submit written arguments on Saturday. The next hearing of the case will take place on Sunday morning.

Also read: Two more players withdrew from India Open, became Corona positive

Immigration Minister Alex Hawke said on Friday that he had exercised his privileges as minister to revoke the visa of the 34-year-old Serbian player on public interest grounds. Hawke said that he has taken this decision keeping in mind the public interest for health reasons. He said in a statement, “The Morrison Government is committed to protecting the Australian borders during this period of the Corona epidemic.” Djokovic’s visa has been canceled for the second time. His visa was revoked by the Australia Border Force on arrival in Melbourne last week because he did not meet the criteria required for medical exemption from Australia’s stringent coronavirus vaccination rules. He spent four nights in the segregation hotel, after which the judge gave a verdict in his favor on Monday.

Disclaimer:Prabhasakshi has not edited this news. This news has been published from PTI-language feed.

.