Bhubaneswar: Rahul Sahu, the 11-year-old boy who was rescued from an 80-feet deep abandoned borewell at Pihrid village in Chhattisgarh’s Janjgir-Champa district on Tuesday night, is suffering from an infection, said the doctor treating him on Wednesday.
Rahul’s condition is stable and he is having food. But he is suffering from fever as his skin has been wounded in several places. Bacteria has entered his body due to a prolonged stay in the tunnel. Because of it, he has developed an infection.
He is being administered with necessary antibiotics and expert opinion will also be sought. Necessary medication is being provided and all will be well if God wishes, said the doctor.
The doctor further stated that Rahul may be under treatment for seven more days in case of sepsis. The infection can be life-threatening, he added.