A fire incident has come to light in the alleged EPluto 7G electric scooter of Pure EV. The incident has been reported in Gujarat. This is the fifth fire in Pure EV’s electric scooter. The fire started while charging, in which this electric scooter was burnt to ashes. The good thing is that no one’s life was in danger in this incident. A video of the incident is also going viral.
A video of the incident has been posted on a YouTube account named Paarth Khatri. In this 37-second video, the electric scooter is seen engulfed in flames. The scooter was parked inside the house and the charger was also connected to it. The title of the video suggests that the scooter caught fire while charging.
However, Gadgets 360 does not confirm this video. Pure EV has also not shared any official statement regarding the incident at the moment.
ET Auto’s accordingThe fire incident took place on Thursday at a house in Suvidhanath Society in Patan district, when Pure EV’s EPluto 7G e-scooter was being charged.
This is the fifth incident of a fire in an electric scooter of Pure EV. The last incident was reported from Hyderabad last month. Pure EV had also recalled 2,000 electric scooters in April.
Because due to fire and explosion in electric wheelers, especially electric scooters, the government is also serious. The government is all set to introduce the EV Battery Standard (BIS Standard) for EV two-wheelers, which will later be introduced for four-wheelers as well.