Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) According to the U.S., there are three main types of diabetes: type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes. World Health Organization (WHO) According to the World Health Organization, 422 million people are suffering from diabetes. This dangerous disease is a major cause of death worldwide.
what is the treatment of diabetes, There is no cure for diabetes yet, but losing weight, eating healthy and being active can really help. Diabetes can be kept under control by taking medicines as needed, knowing about diabetes and following health care rules. The CDC has explained how diabetes can be controlled through a healthy diet.
Best meal plan for diabetic patients
according to CDCYour plate of food should include all those things, which are better in both taste and health.
- For example, include vegetables that do not contain starch, such as broccoli, spinach, and green beans.
- But include low-sugar and refined grains such as white bread, rice and pasta with less than 2 grams of fiber per serving.
- Include all kinds of foods in your diet as much as possible, although highly processed foods should be avoided.
Healthy diet is essential to control diabetes
Diabetes patients should know what they should and should not eat to keep blood sugar control. They should know when, what and how much to eat. For this, the CDC has prepared a great meal plan, which can help you control the disease along with taste.
keep an eye on carbs
Keeping an eye on carbs can help you keep blood sugar levels under control. Work with your doctor or dietitian to find out how many carbs you can eat daily.
Prepare dinner plates in these 3 ways
The CDC recommends diabetic patients to eat in a 9-inch plate. In fact, the organization believes that while eating diabetic patients, it is very important to keep in mind what and in what quantity they are eating. For this the plate is divided into three parts-
- Place non-starchy vegetables such as lettuce, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and carrots in half of the plate.
- Place a lean protein such as chicken, turkey, beans, tofu, or eggs in a quarter of the plate.
- Keep carb foods in a quarter. These include grains, starchy vegetables (such as potatoes and peas), rice, pasta, beans, fruit and yogurt.
keep this in mind
There is no permanent cure for diabetes, so diabetes patients are advised to take healthy diet, exercise and lead an active lifestyle. Keep in mind that before adopting any diet plan or rule, definitely consult your doctor.
Disclaimer: This article is for general information only. It cannot in any way be a substitute for any medicine or treatment. Always contact your doctor for more details.